Caution: my English is far from perfect. (Русский тоже не всегда хорош).

Wednesday 12 December 2007

ECL - multi threaded, free lisp, supporting Windows

Until yesterday I thought that there are no free multithreaded Common Lisp implementations for Windows.

But it turned out that ECL supports multithreading.

Yesterday I downloaded, build it and tried simple test: (mp:process-run-function 'zu (lambda () (loop (format t "zu~%") (sleep 3))))

Seems working.

Also ECL may be build with Unicode support. Although it doesn't support external formats in streams, strings and characters are represented as 24-bit values. It should be sufficient to have support for various external formats in IO using flexi-streams.

Good news for me. I pin great hopes on ECL.

P.S.

I discovered ECL via Common Lisp Survey linked from the xach's post. Thanks ... all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that the Lisp Survey was useful! -- Dan

Blog Archive